Speed Queen Equipment Safety Tips & Features
Speed Queen laundry equipment has been trusted by the industry for more than 100 years. Martin-Ray is proud to distribute a variety of Speed Queen equipment which provides users with a quality, energy efficient laundry experience. Make sure that you are taking the proper safety measures as well as sharing safety tips with the users of your Speed Queen equipment.
Front/Top Load Washers:
- Front Load Washers: Maximum capacity for a load of laundry is 21.5 lbs.
- Top Load Washers: Maximum capacity is 14 and 16 lbs.
- In order to fill, tumble, or spin, the loading door (front load) or lid (top load) must be closed
- If the washtub is moving, do not reach into the washer
- Do not attempt to repair or replace any part of the washer unless explicitly outlined by the user manual or if you don't have the skill set to perform the maintenance that is detailed
- Make sure to close the shut-off valves after use and check the fill hose connections for leaks on a daily basis
- Install in an area that is well-ventilated and free from obstructions
- Check the filter daily and remove any lint build-up
- Do not dry articles of clothing that have been washed, soaked, or have traces of flammable products (i.e. gasoline, oils of any kind, lighter fluid, etc.)
- Do not dry anything that has rubber, latex or synthetic parts
- If the dryer begins to smoke, stop use of the machine immediately
- Regularly close off the main supplies of gas, steam, and current at the end of the day
- Maximum capacity for a load of laundry is 25, 30, 35, 50, 55, or 75 lbs.
Single and Stack Dryers:
- Maximum capacity is 18 lbs.
- If a unit has been separated from a stacked formation, do not operate
- If your articles of clothing have residue from products such as kerosene, waxes, acetone, or alcohol, wash them in hot water with an extra amount of detergent before drying
- If tumble drying any material containing fiberglass, do not do so unless product label says so. After drying cycle, wipe out dryer drum with a wet washcloth to remove any fiberglass residue before next use Clean the lint filter before every new load of laundry
- Maximum capacity for a load of laundry is 20, 30, 40, 60, 80, or 100 lbs.
- If the machine has not been used for a period of two weeks or more, run the hot water faucets to release any flammable hydrogen gas before use
- Low-sudsing and no-foaming detergents should be the only products used in these machines
- Avoid opening the machine's dispenser while in use to avoid steam injuries from hot water
- Before servicing or maintaining the machine, turn OFF all electrical supply and wait three minutes before working on equipment to avoid residual voltage
Martin-Ray has an experienced team of professionals who are dedicated to maintaining, servicing, and educating you on your laundry equipment investment. Learn additional Speed Queen safety features or contact Martin-Ray's service team with questions!