How Often You Need to Upgrade Your Commercial Laundry Equipment
Whether in a laundromat, on-premises, or multi-housing facilities, commercial laundry equipment is built to last and stand up to frequent, extended use. However, your machines will eventually need to be replaced. Those replacement costs should be built into your long-term budget and business strategy.
Here’s the accepted standard of useful life for commercial coin laundry equipment according to the Coin Laundry Association:
- Topload washers (12-14 pounds): 5-8 years
- Frontload washers (18-50 pounds): 10-15 years
- Dryers (30-60 pounds): 10-15 years
- Heating systems: 10-15 years
- Coin changers: 10-15 years
Factors that impact your commercial laundry equipment’s lifespan
Of course, the timeline from the Coin Laundry Association is subjective. There are many factors that impact the lifespan of your commercial laundry equipment, including:
- Usage - Machines that see above-average use may need to be replaced sooner, while machines that see less use may last longer.
- Maintenance - Well-maintained washers and dryers may last longer than expected. Laundry equipment that isn’t properly maintained is likely to require more repairs and a quicker replacement. Regular servicing and maintenance are recommended.
- Technology - As laundry technology advances, you may opt to upgrade your equipment simply to integrate the new services and technology into your business and increase customer satisfaction.
- Energy-efficiency - In general, newer machines tend to be more energy-efficient. You may opt to replace your commercial washers and dryers sooner in order to cut utility costs and run a more sustainable business.
- Quality - Of course, not all laundry equipment is created equal. Here at Martin-Ray, we partner with top brands like Speed Queen, Milnor, and Chicago Dryer that are known for their quality equipment and parts.
If you need to upgrade your commercial laundry equipment, the laundry experts here at Martin-Ray are ready to help.